Google

Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Green Mile Movie Review

I remember seeing this movie in he movie theatres. This movie tells a really unique story. As I think about it the movie conveys a lot of moral information without coming across as preachie. The character development was also very well done. The great aspect was that there were good and bad guys on both the good and the bad side of the bars. Like in real life.

For those of you who don't know Tom Hanks is in this film, but I really think the Micheal Duncan pulled of the most incredible acting. Mr. Duncan's acting really helps pull of the film.

The movie is narrated by the head prison gaurd who works on death row. Souds fun. Well an inmate comes in who is bigger that life. This guy intimidates everyone due to his size but he appears to be very gentle. After sometime the guards begin to question whether he could kill someone, and then they discover his miracle.

The guards must then decide what to do because the guy is on death row. They debate whether he should die for his past crimes or live due to his gifts from God. They also must confront the fact that he wants to be on death row. The pain of the world is just to much for him to bear. This is also one of my favorite movies. I can safely say this is in the top fifty, remember I see a lot of movies.

The film is similar in cinematography to Shawshank Redemption (Same producers). It also almost made me cry. I don't cry at movies but I definitely was tearing up, I'll admit that. The worst part about it is that I went to see this in the theatres by my lonesome.

No comments: