Google

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Weekend Movie Releases Review

This week three films are hitting the theatre, I am Legend, Alvin and The Chipmunks and The Perfect Holiday. Two of these films are probably going to be a wash. I can tell you now don't come back to my site for a review of The Perfect Holiday. I won't be checking that one out. I will probably go see I am Legend on Friday, and I'll may see Alvin & The Chipmunks on Saturday.

I am Legend looks pretty good. This is not my top pick yet I am still favoring Awake if you haven't see it yet. Some people think this movie looks stupid and others don't want to see it because of Will Smith's comments on AIDS (I personally didn't know he ever said anything. I really don't have much to do other than go see this one, since I quit drinking and smoking. It is amazing how much that changes you social life. I can't say I miss it though, I've been a lot more productive. Things change for the good and bad.

Alvin & The Chipmunks I just confirmed that my girlfrend doesn't want to see this one. I got to say it looks kid of wierd. I don't really know if I want to see a version of Alvin with a gangsta attitude. If the movie had more of a basis in the original cartoon I think it might be a bigger hit. It has been modernized, and that causes it to lose appeal. A lot of people who grew up with the characters may have gone to see this if it weren't for the poor marketing. HOLLYWOOD don't always try to make things hip. In any event the verdict isn't in on this on yet. If I go see it I hope I am wrong. If not I don't really care.

Any any event it look like were in a movie drought. George's picks for this weekend are: Awake, I am Legend, Enchanted, Bee Movie and rounding out the list The Golden Compass or Fred Clause if it is still showing in a theatre near you.

The movie is out check out my review RAMBO

1 comment:

Elvia said...

Alvin and the Chipmunks looks good, so does I Am Legend, though i feel like that movie is a black, rip-off version of 28 days.