Google

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Never Back Down Movie Review

I went into this movie expecting it to be terrible and it actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. If you are fan of MMA they don't use a whole lot of terms but they do show some real moves. Like a triangle choke, guillotine, kamora, rear naked choke and so on. The most annoying thing about the movie is that they always call it brawling.

If you know a lot about MMA and the Internet it doesn't take long to figure this movie is all about fight websites and MMA. This being the case it is kind of sad that a movie would further popularize these sites with kids beating the crap out of each other. I personally, am not very concerned because most of the kids in these Internet videos couldn't fight their way out of a wet bag.

My overall recommendation is to see this movie only if you want to waste a bit of time over the weekend. It is entertaining but it is also the same corny stuff you get in similar movies. It is just a modern day version of the Karate Kid. As a matter of fact the producer's even acknowledge that during the film. It also, has a few twists and turn so it is slightly smarter than most films in this genre as well.

It has been a tough few weeks at the movies. I plan to see Doomsday tomorrow or Sunday. If you get out on St. Patrick's Day, which is Monday, have a green beer for me. While your at it eat some corn beef as well, I'll miss out this year due to my vegetarian diet.

No comments: