Google

Sunday, March 9, 2008

10,000 BC Movie Review

Wow, this movie really promised a lot of bang, but delivered a little bang for your buck. The movie was really just slow. Everytime the movie started to go anywhere it haulted and just slowed right back down. This definitely isn't an epic movie. Undoubtedly they will make a big deal about it coming out on DVD and everything.

I can't say I hated the movie though. There was something I like about it, and I'd probably pin that down as the storyline. I think it was a pretty good story. At the end of the day I think the previews lead the audience to believe this movie is something that it is not.

I will say there are a lot of really sappy scenes in this movie. They did setup the movie in a way so that everything made sense. It seem very realistic. I will say that before going to see this movie I thought the director was trying to give his own spin on Exodus. Yeah, that's right the book in the bible.

I think the main character was supposed to be Moses. The sad thing is that I don't think most movie goers will catch on. The movie makes this parallel with all these prophecies that the people have. There is more to this but you know me. I don't ruin the ending unless I really really hated the movie. Like with Into the Wild.

No comments: