Google

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Iron Man Movie Coming Soon

I am really looking forward to the Iron Man movie. When I first saw the posters, I though to myself awww crap they are going vintage. The are going to try overdue a classic presentation of Iron Man. I was still excited to see it though. Vintage films can be a bit dull but that is better than the opposite mistake. Some movies try to be so futuristic and trendy a.k.a. Alvin & The Chipmunks they come off as really cheesy.

Well it appears that I was wrong. I saw a preview for Iron Man and it appears that they found the happy median. Will still have our Hero doing unbelievable thing in a somewhat believable setting. I couldn't be happier. This movie is going to be coming out May 2, 2008 and is sure to pack in quite a few movie goers.

As many of you know I don't like watching previews. I am somewhat lucky I saw a preview for this early on, because I will have forgotten about it by the time the movie rolls out. I am bit disappointed with the lead Robert Downey Jr. I am sure he is a good actor but at this point he doesn't seem like the right guy for the role. Hopefully, I am wrong. I really shouldn't pass judgement because I am not familiar with his work. Oh yeah, they made this movie and paid tribute to Black Sabbath's, Iron Man played during the preview. Hooray.


If you are in the market for some movies check out DVD Planet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RDJ Is going to be the best thing about this film! They couldn't have casted anyone better IMO, and I've been reading Iron Man comics since I was a kid. He is Tony Stark. What I am most impressed with, is the fact he wore the Armor himself. I figured we'd see him wear it in various stages, like putting it on or helmetless scenes, but he indicated that he and 2 other stuntment rotated wearing the Armor. Thats dedication.

If your looking for a really good RDJ movie to get familiar with him, watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, it shows his range from Funny to Dramatic, and it's the best movie I've seen in the last two years.

Unknown said...

JJ thanks for the comment I will definitely check that movie out. I've heard of it before and you're right I really don't have a really strong basis for my dislike of Robert Downey Jr. Who knows maybe I'll end up liking a lot of his work. I can say I have seen him in a few corny rolls, but sometimes you need a pay check right.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the excellent post George Burke.... its really nice movie..you can watch it from here....go through the link and enjoy the movie...Iron Man Free Movie Download