Google

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kung Fu Panda Movie Review


This was a really good movie. I do have to say it would have been a lot better without Jack Black as the lead. I don't find the guy funny at all. His comedy consists of acting like a really dorky kid and that sums up his whole routine. My imitation of Jack Black, "The awesomeness of skidoosh". Wow, that invokes non-stop laughter.

I am going to have to be careful though because I think I am the only critic that will slam Jack Black. I am sure he has a lot of fans, but he only seems to be able to act like a grown up retard. Okay, okay I'll stop.

The movie was really good. I found myself laughing a lot. There was a lot of comedy and a lot of the character's names were actual Chinese word for the animals they represented. My girlfriend kept asking me to recall the names of the animals by the names of their characters. Interesting fact for you guys.

I would say the movie definitely hit upon all the points necessary for a kids movie. It had a good message, it kept their interest and it is poised to sell many toys. Adults will find this movie entertaining and funny but a lot of the underlying humor in movies like Shrek went missing. I want to also think Dustin Hoffman for redeeming himself after the Mr. Macrap's Wonderful Turd Emporium.

This movie is definitely my top choice for the weekend. That is if you haven't seen Iron Man.

No comments: